History Great Battles: Medieval (Xbox 360)
|Release Date:||October 01 2010|
This strategy RPG is the most detailed and realistic medieval combat model ever created. In these epic encounters players must lead armies through the greatest of medieval wars and make history live again. Famous figures like The Black Prince, Joan of Arc and Henry V all take their turn in this epic conflict deploying new weapons and battle tactics that finally left England as an island nation.
HISTORY Great Battles Medieval is the second title in the highly successful Great Battles series, which saw its first appearance with the release of HISTORY Great Battles of Rome.
HISTORY Great Battles Medieval is based on the historical events of the Hundred Years War, the most famous conflict of medieval times fought between France and England that shaped the future of both countries for centuries to follow. It features Slitherines cutting edge graphic engine and a brand new game play system that allows players to be in complete control of massive armies.
From the thunderous charge of the knights to the men-at-arms fighting for their lives in hand-to-hand combat, the game will recreate the epic feel of medieval battles, featuring thousands of characters simultaneously.
- Licensed and TV supported by History, one of the best known brands for factual historical programming
- As the English you will fight under the Black Prince, Henry V and other heroic characters from history, and as the French you fight for Joan of Arc and the King
- 70 Medieval battles, including 26 historical encounters from the Hundred Years war, 1337-1453
- Command more than 20 different units, including the Swiss Pikeman exclusive to PS3, all accurately researched and carefully modelled in amazing detail
- Customise your squads of archers, cavalry, knights, etc with over 100 unique fighting, combat and weapon skills
- Free form quest maps that allow players to de